We know how difficult it is for local councils to get full, accurate information on risk. This is why we set up the Local Council Advisory Service (LCAS) that makes full use Zurich's diverse expertise in the public sector. It’s an additional cost service dedicated to helping you manage risks at your council. LCAS is available to all local councils, whether or not you are insured with Zurich.
Safety at work, public events, ground maintenance, the control of contractors – whatever risks you need information on, LCAS is an easy way to get up-to-date, accurate, helpful risk management advice.
A helpline to answer your questions
It’s good to know that there’s someone you can contact when you’ve got a question. As an LCAS member you can phone or email us, and we will respond to your query by the next working day.
• Keep you informed about legislation.
• Assist in minimising the potential risk of injury to employees and members of the public.
• Help reduce claims being made against the council.
Comprehensive guide to risk management
• On becoming a member of LCAS you will receive the LCAS guide to risk management via email. This is a valuable resource, packed with advice on the law and compliance. It’s an interactive PDF, which makes it easy to use and easy to share with your colleagues. Plus we send you updates, so you always have accurate information to hand. It contains:
• practical guidance on specific risks – from manual handling and office safety to sports facilities and managing events.
• Useful documents such as checklists covering issues including playground inspections and asbestos.
• 30 completed example risk assessments.
Bulletins to keep you up to date
Twice a year, you will get an email bulletin from LCAS, full of articles about operational risk management issues.
A free place at our seminars
Your membership includes a free place at our annual half-day seminars, and a reduced price if you wish to book additional places. We always cover topics that are high on council agendas, such as managing events safely or accidents and claims reviews.
Become a member
Becoming a member of LCAS is easy, an annual payment of just £95 for Zurich Municipal insurance customers, increasing to £145 for non customers (depending upon the size of your council) is all that is required.
0121 697 9131 or email
email@example.com where a member of our team will be only too pleased to help you join or answer any questions you may have.